Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What is Datatable

Data table assists you in parameterizing the test.
There are two type of Data tables are available in QTP.
1. Design time data table 2. Runtime Data table.

Design time Data table -

There are two type of data sheets available, they are 1. Global Data Sheet 2.Local Data Sheet
The Global Data Sheet contains the data that replaces parameters in each iteration of test.
Each time you add a new action to the test, a new action sheet (Local Sheet) added to the data table. It contained data, replaces parameter in only one iteration of the test.

Run time Data table -

During a run session, Quick test creates a runtime data table.
When the run session ends, the runtime data table closes, and the data table pane again displays the stored design time data table.
The final data from the runtime data table is displayed in the runtime data table in the test results window.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi all,I am Arun Singh Rajaputra. I am working as a Project Lead in a reputed organization in Hyderabad, AP, India. I have little bit knowledge on Quick Test Professional and like to share my knowledge to all through this blog.

Subscribe to get updates on this blog

Enter your email address:

NOTE

Some of the posts posted in this blog are collected and most of them have been prepared by me. If any one have objections regarding any copied posts. Please mail me so that I can take a necessary action on that post.