Friday, June 6, 2008

What is Input Parameters and OutPut Parameters

Input parameter allows you to run a test using different set of data input values.
When you use a datatable parameter, you must instruct QuickTest on where the input data will come from.

An output parameter is a value which comes back from the application under test. When you run the test QuickTest retrieves the current value of the property and enters it in the run-time datatable as an output value.

You can subsequently use this output value as a input value in your test. We call this data correlation. This enables you to use data retrieved during other parts of test.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi all,I am Arun Singh Rajaputra. I am working as a Project Lead in a reputed organization in Hyderabad, AP, India. I have little bit knowledge on Quick Test Professional and like to share my knowledge to all through this blog.

Subscribe to get updates on this blog

Enter your email address:

NOTE

Some of the posts posted in this blog are collected and most of them have been prepared by me. If any one have objections regarding any copied posts. Please mail me so that I can take a necessary action on that post.